[:en _i= »0″ _address= »0″ /]
Western Ethiopia (4 days)
About this Tour:
This tour takes you to still widely unknown Menagesha Suba Forest National Park. You will stay for 2 nights at the beautiful Negash lodge, from where we will undertake a 1 day hiking trip at the breath-taking Wenchi Crater Lake. This is an ideal short stop-over in Ethiopia or a perfect add-on to any of our other tours.
- Exploring the capital city Addis Ababa
- Hiking in the beautiful Menagesha Suba Forest Nation Park
- Hiking (or horseback) at Wenchi Crater Lake in stunning nature
Included in the travel price
- 3 nights with breakfast in basic and medium hotels and lodges
- Road Transfer in Toyota minibus or 4x4 Landcruiser
- Professional tour guide (English, German, French, Italian or Spanish-speaking available)
- All local guides, rangers and scouts
- All entrance fees
- Traditional dinner on the last evening before departure
- 1 liter of mineral water per day
- Tour code: WET-WE-4
- Overnight: middle-class hotels and eco-lodges
- Number of domestic flights: 0
- Required fitness: reasonably fit
Day 1: Arrival and Addis Ababa City Tour
Upon arrival at Bole International Airport, you will be transferred to your reserved hotel. Depending on your arrival time, we have various sightseeing options:
- Mount Entoto with the best views over the capital.
- Institute of Ethiopian Studies, where you can see a variety of artifacts from all the different regions reflecting the history and culture of the country
- National Museum which among other exhibits the 3.5-million-year-old bones of Lucy.
- Trinity Cathedral: this is the burial place of members of the imperial family and noted patriots; the cathedral is the most magnificent of its kind in the country, ornamented with carvings, mosaics and other artistic works.
- The Mercato, the largest open-air market in Africa
Accommodation: Hotel, Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa – Menagesha Suba National Park – Wolliso (215 km)
We start our journey from Addis Ababa westward to Wolliso. Our first stop is the Menagesha Suba Forest National Park, 20km west of the capital. Menagesha comprises 25km2 of juniper, African redwood and yellowwood trees, as well as Mount Wechecha, an extinct volcano that rises to 3,385m and is the highest mountain in the Addis Ababa area. The forest can be explored along a network of stunning trails that extend from the national park headquarters. Wildlife includes the striking black and white Colobus monkey, the endemic Menelik bushbuck and the bold Anubis baboons, all of which are frequently seen by hikers. Menagesha is also a particularly important site for endemic forest birds. We’ll take a pleasant hike here before continuing out journey to Wolliso.
Accommodation: Negash Resort, Wolliso
Day 3: Hiking in Wenchi Crater Lake
From Wolliso it takes us approx. 2 hours to reach the rim of the Wenchi crater. The views are breath-taking here and we undertake a pleasant trekking (optionally also on horseback) through stunning nature. From the rim of the crater, we descent into a beautiful valley abundant with rivers. We may also cross the crater lake in a traditional boat and explore the nearby hot springs. In the afternoon, we return to Wolliso where we spend another night.
Accommodation: Negash Resort, Wolliso
Day 4: Wolliso – Addis Ababa (185 km)
After breakfast, we drive back to Addis Ababa (approx. 4 hours). A day room will be provided in Addis Ababa until 6 pm. In the evening, you are invited to a traditional Ethiopian dinner with dance show at a renowned restaurant of Addis Ababa. After dinner, you will be transferred to the airport for your international departure or, if you are still staying in Addis Ababa overnight, back to your hotel.
Departure or Individual extension